1. GORD (reflux). healthdirect. Available at: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/gord-reflux. Accessed September 2019.
2. Zanzole 24HR Tablets. Consumer Medicine Information. July 2019.
3. Fennerty, M et al. Short and long-term management of heartburn and other acid-related disorders: Development of an algorithm for primary care providers. J Fam Pract 2009 Jul;58(7 Suppl Short):S1-S12.
4. Heartburn and GERD: Overview. InformedHealth.org [Internet]. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK279254/. Accessed September 2019.
5. Heartburn. Mayo Clinic. Available at: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heartburn/symptoms-causes/syc-20373223. Accessed September 2019.
6. Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD). NHS inform. Available at: https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/stomach-liver-and-gastrointestinal-tract/gastro-oesophageal-reflux-disease-gord#causes-of-gord. Accessed September 2019.
7. MacFarlane B. Management of gastroesophageal reflux disease in adults: a pharmacist’s perspective. Integ Pharm Res Pract 2018;7:41−52.
8. 11 stomach-soothing steps for heartburn – Harvard Health. Available at: https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/11-stomach-soothing-steps-for-heartburn. Accessed October 2019.
9. Queensland Health. Available at: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/news-events/news/what-is-heartburn-acid-reflux-indigestion-prevention-treatment Accessed September 2019.
10. National Sleep Foundation. Available at: https://www.sleep.org/articles/ease-heartburn-bedtime/ Accessed September 2019.
11. What you should know about: PPIs. Harvard Health Publishing. Available at: https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/what-you-should-know-about-ppis. Accessed September 2019.
12. Gastro-oesophageal reflux [published 2016 Mar]. In: eTG complete [Internet]. Melbourne: Therapeutic Guidelines Limited; 2018 Jul.
13. Sansom LN, ed. Australian pharmaceutical formulary and handbook. 24th edn. Canberra: Pharmaceutical Society of Australia; 2018.
14. Pharmaceutical Society of Australia. Guidance for provision of a Pharmacist Only medicine Proton pump inhibitors. November 2011.
15. Gaviscon Website. Available at: https://www.gaviscon.com.au/how-gaviscon-works/how-gaviscon-original-works/. Accessed September 2019.
16. Heartburn (indigestion). healthdirect. Available at: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/heartburn. Accessed September 2019.
17. NPS MedicineWise. Patient Action Plan and fact sheet, Heartburn and reflux: Manage your medicine [Internet]. Sydney: NPS MedicineWise; 2018 [updated 2018 Jun 26]. Available at: www.nps.org.au/news/stepping-the-appropriate-path-with-gord-medicines. Accessed September 2019.