Heartburn occurs when stomach acid backs up into the tube that carries food from your mouth to your stomach (oesophagus).
Zanzole 24HR is recommended for adults over 18 years of age suffering from heartburn two or more times a week.
Do not take Zanzole 24HR if you are pregnant or breastfeeding unless your doctor says to do so. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information about the risks and benefits of taking Zanzole 24HR when pregnant or breastfeeding.
Zanzole 24HR is available without a prescription.
- Take one Zanzole 24HR tablet at about the same time each day
- Swallow tablets whole with a glass of water
- Do not crush or chew the tablets
- Can be taken with food or on an empty stomach, but for best results take 30 minutes prior to eating
While Zanzole 24HR will start to suppress acid within a few hours, it won’t relieve your symptoms right away. You may need to take it for a few days before experiencing the full effect.
- Zanzole 24HR should be taken for at least 7 days and up to 14 days
- If you purchased the pack containing a 7-day supply and you need to take for longer than 7 days, ask your pharmacist for advice
- Do not take beyond 14 days without consulting your doctor
Zanzole 24HR should not interfere with your ability to digest food normally. However, if you do experience indigestion please consult your doctor.
Making a few simple changes to your diet and lifestyle may help prevent heartburn or make it easier to manage.
These can include:
- Eating smaller more frequent meals and avoiding foods you know may trigger your heartburn e.g., fatty or spicy foods, coffee and alcohol
- Stop smoking
- If you are overweight – consider losing some weight
- Avoid lying down after eating